PASS PLUS is a training scheme for new drivers. Its aim is to improve your driving skills and make you a safer driver – This can also lead to insurance discounts.
The scheme has been designed by the Driving And Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with the help of the motor insurance and driving instruction industries, to develop your skills and knowledge in areas where you may have limited experience.
An indicator of its effectiveness, a recent survey of L test candidates carried out by ORC International for DSA, Showed that of those who had taken PASS PLUS:
- 93% Felt more confident on the road.
- 89% Considered that their driving skills have improved as a result of taking the PASS PLUS course.
How to take place in PASS PLUS:
1. You must have passed your driving test before taking part in PASS PLUS
2. Take the six modules that make up the syllabus
3. After successfully completing the whole syllabus to an achieved or exceeded level of driving competence, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
4. Call one of the participating insurance companies to claim your discount, quoting your certificate number.
The PASS PLUS Syllabus:
The PASS PLUS course has been designed in six modules. The areas covered in each one are listed below:
Module 1: Introduction (Part 1) – Town driving (Part 2)
Module 2: All weather driving
Module 3: Out of town driving & rural roads
Module 4: Night driving
Module 5: Dual carriageways
Module 6: Motorways
Thank you for your time and patience I would definitely recommend you to anyone.